Open Call for Participation Autumn Academy for Museum Cooperation
The Hungarian Open Air Museum – Museum Education and Methodology Center is organizing a Museum Autumn Academy between September 13 and 17, 2021, to which museum professionals from Hungary and Slovakia are invited to apply. The programme will be held on Szentendre, Hungary.
The Museum Autumn Academy, organized within the framework of the Interreg Slovakia-Hungary Cooperation Program (project Capacity Building in partnership across borders for future museums SKHU/1902/4.1/048 FUMU), provides an opportunity for museum professionals in Hungary and Slovakia to improve their professional skills, to build relationships, to plan and launch new, cross-border projects. This project and the Museum Autumn Academy is financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
During the five-day event, a total of 20 participants will learn about contemporary museum issues and developments, as well as master the methodology of project planning and fundraising. They develop cross-border project proposals together with the help and assistance of outstanding museum professionals as mentors. Autumn Academy participants are selected through an open call.
The Applicants must meet two requirements:
- being employee of a museum or a gallery or being students of studies related to museums;
- proficient in spoken and written English.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Professional CV in Hungarian or in Slovakian;
- Cover letter (maximum 2000 characters) in Hungarian or in Slovakian;
- Proposal of a project in a cross-border cooperation (maximum 2000 characters) on three topics defined by the Autumn Academy in Hungarian or in Slovakian: museums and sustainability, the role of museums in stimulating tourism, engaging disadvantaged groups in museums. The project can also be a joint training, exhibition, knowledge transfer project or communication campaign
The deadline for submitting your application: August 8, 2021, 11:59 PM
Please, send your application via mail to the Hungarian Open Air Museum (HUNGARY, 2000, Szentendre, Sztaravodai út 75. “Museum Autumn Academy”) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the assessment by August 13, 2021.
For participants, the Autumn Academy is completely free (including accommodation, meals, and professional programmes). At the same time, participants are expected to write a 20,000 characters long Hungarian- or Slovakian-language text – related to the future projects developed at the Autumn Academy, which will be published in Museum Compass Series.
During the Autumn Academy, visitors from the above-mentioned disciplines will work together to develop new projects, sharing their own experiences, ideas and plans. During the process of project planning mentors will help them, and the participants will also support one another’s work through constructive criticism and advice.
For further information please contact Marton Pacsika (email@example.com; + 36 30 322 8946)!
Hungarian Open Air Museum
Museum Education and Methodology Centre