Museum publications for educational purposes
Accredited training for museum and cultural professionals
Training date: The training is organized on demand for a minimum of 10 participants.
Duration of training: 30 hours (four days)
Accredited training aims to:
Students learn about the different types of application possibilities and limitations of museum publications. We present the content and aesthetic requirements, basic design, drafting, technical solutions using relevant examples. The training focuses on museum publications and their possible uses in the experiential learning processes.
- Types of educational publications (paper, demonstration equipment, IT solutions and on-line applications, etc).
- Audience analysis.
- Reception-theoretical, pedagogical and methodological basics.
- Expectations related to the uniform policy of publication of the museum, compiling publication strategy.
- Opportunities for group work in certain target groups and the matching forms of activities.
- Educational-methodological and technical aspects of making task sheets.
- Desktop publishing - aesthetic and technical aspects.
- Making proofreading and layout.
- Webdesign and operation.
- editor of museum publications
- professional curator
- general education specialist at the museum
- museum educator
- museum leader
Planned number of participants: min. 10 max. 20 persons
Terms of training completion:
- continuous participation and active involvement in training
- preparation of final thesis, of which topic is given after the last training week
- participants send a brief account for two years semi-annually of how they utilize the knowledge gained in the training at their own institutes.
Participation fee in detail:
Training fee of ..... HUF / person (tax-exempt), which includes:
- training certificate
- printed excipient
- expert evaluation of the final thesis
Our training is oragnised in the maintenance period of the Museum of Education and Training Centre's in the "Museums for Everyone" programme - enhancing educational and training role of museums - implemented through the Central methodological development (SROP 3.2.8 / A-08-2008-0002) priority projects.
How to apply:
To apply, download the necessary documents here .
Please send the application by email in word format and by post to Viktória Zádor. Sending all application documents does not mean automatic admission to the training.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Hungarian Open Air Museum
Museum Education and Methodology Centre
2001 Szentendre, PO 63
Instructors / lectureres: