Using museums in public education - teacher training
Accredited teacher training
Sixty-hour accredited course
Starts: The training is organized on demand for a minimum of 10 participants.
The training is aimed at:
- sub-regional, district, city community leaders
- educational centers, educational institutions, service experts, consultants
- primary and secondary school teachers
The training aims to:
Make sure teachers are aware of the possibilities of utilization of the public educational institutions museum
the trainees get hold of methodological knowledge that you can use to design and implement school supplementary education programmes, and this method of recovery of museums and museum-based opportunities for teachers can be passed on to their colleagues
The course syllabus:
- Opportunities for public education utilizing museums - museums, schools and the relationship between the theoretical and practical basics
- Economic and legal environment of the museum
- The museum environment and infratstructure through the eyes teachers and students
- Presentation of the museum as an organization and museum activities
- Museum education and transfer of knowledge (museum education activities, methods, tools)
- Course content confirmation, additional development of the museum profession Methodology
- Androgological basics
The training venue: Hungarian Open Air Museum - Museum Education and Methodology Center, 2000 Szentendre, Sztaravodai út
The course material compiled on the basis of theoretical lectures notes in Museum School, Volume 3, here available.
Training in the Education and Methodology Centre takes place via "Museums for Everyone" programme - enhancing educational and training role of museums - Central methodological development (SROP 3.2.8 / A-08-2008-0002) falls under priority project.